- WCB Occupational First Aid Course Descriptions
Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 3
The OFA Level 3 program is a 70 hour comprehensive first aid course covering all aspects of industrial and occupational first aid including Choking, CPR, AED (automatic external defibrillator), bleeding, medical emergencies, lower limb management and transportation of non ambulatory patients. This course will prepare the student to become a first aid attendant in remote areas greater than 20 minutes transportation time to a hospital. Upon successful completion of the WCB written & practical exam the student will be certified as an WCB Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 3 attendant.
Prerequisites for OFA Level 3:
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to produce appropriate identification
- Succesfully complete a WCB 'Statement of fitness '
- No previous first aid training is required
Alberni First Aid